Wednesday, December 3, 2014

The Struggle Continues...

I joined the gym Monday.

Was good about getting a workout in both Monday and Tuesday and then there was today...

I'm allergic to concentrated perfumes.  I can handle body mists/sprays, but perfume makes me itchy and depending on the kind, I can break out in hives.  Cool kid, right here.  What does this have to do with anything?  It became my excuse today.  My excuse to skip the gym, my excuse to snack more than I should have, and my excuse to slack when I got home.  I had to take 100 mg of Benadryl after one of my students sprayed perfume all over themselves while they sat right next to me.  First I was hyper, then cranky and finally exhausted.  I could have put my head down on my table and fallen asleep right at school.  Put homework lab on top of that, meaning I didn't get out until 4, and you've got a perfect storm of excuses all lined up.

Then I found whoppers and Reese's mini cups...

And still ate a baked potato and steamed bag of veggies and pasta.  Normally this would be okay, but on top of the 500 cals of chocolate I inhaled?  Ugh.

THEN!  I got it in my head that I should go to the store and get something else to eat.  So I got in my car and took off in the direction of one of the local stores with a hot food deli.  Not even two miles from my apartment and I realized how badly I was sabotaging myself. I continued to drive, but altered my plan.  Instead, I used the mini-trip to clear my head and didn't stop at the store.  What's weird and somewhat corny are the different thoughts that went through my head.  "I don't want to be fat for the rest of my life." "My night isn't ruined, but it will be if I don't get a grip right now."  "Eating more crap is not worth the disappointment I will feel later."  So, I came up with a strategy to attempt to save the day and the week.  It's only Wednesday, but I have developed a pattern of eating either very close to my calorie count or over it.  Close is okay, over is not if I want to keep hitting my goals.


Immediately after I took my dog out, I got busy with chores around the apartment.  Since then I have drank almost 40 oz. of water and used my step to get some extra steps in.  I'm feeling better, but still slightly annoyed with how my day went from being right on plan to taking a hard turn into s--t.  Granted, I guess it's still better than the days of total crap I was constantly having prior to November.

I will get to the gym tomorrow and I will stay under my calorie count.

No comments:

Post a Comment