Sunday, November 30, 2014

Sleep...

The amount of sleep you get affects your day.  Duh.  

As many dozens of times as I have heard and experienced what sleep deprivation can do, I have to admit I was surprised by something that happened earlier this week.  It was the day after I made those silly Oreo turkeys and only got about 3.5 hours of sleep.  About half way through the day I was standing by some of the offices in school when I realized I was obsessing over food.  I also realized that the fact that I was so tired was a big part of why I couldn't stop thinking of every possible comfort food I normally turn to.  It was like some weird light bulb went off in my head and I understood exactly at that moment what my problem was.  Probably helps explain why Wednesday ended up being such a face plant.  I managed to fend off my urges that night, but not the next day.

I know that Wednesday won't be the last day I fall apart, but gradually building on my knowledge as to why will eventually help me decrease those days more and more.

Joining the gym tomorrow... Should be entertaining!


No comments:

Post a Comment