Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thanksgiving Week Entertainment

Haven't disappeared, just been busy and distracted.

I definitely had the time to post over the past couple days, I just kind of slipped into my normal self-destruction.  It's always entertaining when you actually think through the crap that you're doing, but still do it... 

Monday night I made these for my students and colleagues for school on Tuesday...


 

The Northeastern that hit yesterday trapped me in my apartment and I made the mistake of stopping at a store on my way home and grabbing chips, dip and chicken fettuccine alfredo.  I knew that I shouldn't, but I still did. Part of me thought that since I had been good and walked just shy of six miles, I should get a prize.  Especially since I did a very graceful face plant in the Rite Aide parking lot.  The people who stopped to check on my probably thought I was nuts because I was laughing so hard.  The snow started when I was only about half done (an hour earlier then it was supposed to!), but I forced myself to keep going.  I was soaked, sore, and wanted something evil when I finished.

Don't stop at the store.
But you're going to be trapped for at least a day...
So! You have healthy food at home!
Thanksgiving is going to be a disaster anyways though, so why not!?
You're an idiot and you're going to get the crappy food, aren't you?
Yup.

Yeah... It was probably even more entertaining than that, but it's about all I can remember.  I really need to write the s--t down that goes through my head right off.  To make matters worse, the snow fell super fast and my little VW almost didn't make it up two different hills.  I thought I was going to get trapped in my car.  

I ate ALL of the food when I got home.  

And then ate tons of food today.

Sooooo... I'm getting back on track tomorrow and aiming to at least break even this week.  A loss would be a bonus, but a gain is still not something I'm okay with (when is anyone really okay with a gain unless they're a wrestler trying to go up a weight class?).  Which means I need to kick a** the next few days!

A group of colleagues and I always chip in when it's someone's birthday and one of my friends asked if they could actually get something extra useful for me.  My birthday is in just over two weeks and a few of my colleagues are aware of my health issues and my need to lose weight, so they're putting the money towards a gym membership for me.  My friend is kicking in the balance and I'll pay her back over the next few months (6 month membership).  Part of me wants to just pay it all back right off, but then I won't be accountable to her.  Is that weird?  Probably a bit.  

Time to finish the movie "Tammy" and get some sleep!



Snow (I live in Southern VT)...


 Shovel blade is 15"...


No comments:

Post a Comment