Friday, December 12, 2014

Smoke?

I have a confession to make.  I'm a smoker.  Well, I was a smoker until Tuesday.  Tuesday at 11:20 PM was my last cigarette.  Hopefully forever.  At least that is the plan right now.  I know, I know, I haven't even gone 72 hours without a smoke and I'm talking about forever already.  I've quit before, more than once.  I actually quit in February and stayed smoke free until August.  I quit from 2008-2010, but picked that back up until this past February.  Both times I used smoking as a stress reliever.  In 2010, the woman I was living with decided to break her half of the lease to move in with her boyfriend.  She moved out while I was at work one day and then refused to pay her half of the rent (which she promised she would do when I spoke to her right after she moved out).  To top it off, her dog had chewed on the window frames around the bottom of the house and done thousands in damage.  When the landlords came up to see me and assess the situation, I smoked a cigarette on the porch while I waited for them to arrive.  It went from there... In August I was the Maid of Honor in a wedding for one of my closest college friends.  She and I smoked together all through college and for years after, so I let myself give in that weekend.  However, I did stop when the weekend was over... until September 6th.  I still view that as the breaking point because I was able to smoke for a weekend and then quit; so when I had a softball tournament a couple weeks later, I thought I could do it again.  I was wrong.  I've tried quitting a couple times since I started back up, but haven't made it past one day each time.  Technically I'm at the longest point right now since September.  What sucks about doing this right now is the issues with weight.

Side effects to Chantix- Weight Gain and Increased Appetite
Side effects of quitting smoking- Weight Gain and Increased Appetite

Awesomeness...

So far, the scale hasn't moved.  It's super annoying.  I'm still getting to the gym 5-6 times/week.  I'm eating under my calorie limit each day (except Monday, I was over by 300 cals).  There hasn't been a change.  That's better than a gain, but it is still super frustrating.  I know I shouldn't be weighing in each day, but I'm curious.  Plus there are more and more studies coming out that show that people who have a significant amount of weight to lose and weigh themselves each day, are more likely to lose more weight.  Don't believe me, read this.

Okay, I need to head to a meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment