Saturday, December 6, 2014

Experiment Time

Sooo... I didn't sleep insanely long, but I did take my time getting out of bed this morning.  Facebook is like a bottomless vortex that I was more than happy to let suck me in this morning.  I finally rolled out around 10, made a few boiled eggs for breakfast, and watched TV.  Slacker, yup.  It was raining and icky out, so my motivation was definitely lacking.   At least I spent the TV time also figuring out what I was going to cook this weekend for my lunches and dinners for the week.  I ended up choosing two different crock pot meals, so I could also freeze some.  Around 1, I hit the grocery store and spent way more money than I was okay with.  I love all the people that say eating healthy isn't more expensive than eating junk.  I could eat Ramen every night on a dinner budget of less than $5 for a WHOLE WEEK.  I'm happy if my healthy dinners come to roughly $5 EACH night, because that means I'm doing well.  Yes, I'm b**ching.  Will I stop trying to be healthy because of it?  No.  I am saving money elsewhere though, mainly because I don't order out nearly as much or go out to eat very often either.  

I didn't have anything set for lunch at home, so I made a salad at the grocery store salad bar and grabbed a small cup of American Chop Suey (AKA Goulash).  This was a minor victory on my part because Goulash has been a trigger food for me in the past and I tend to binge on it.  Not only did I not fill the "small" cup, but I cruised right by all the areas in the store where I normally grab junk.  

Once I got home I planned to eat and throw together the Italian Pasta Soup to cook during the afternoon, but I discovered that I had made a mistake with the soup.  First, I forgot the tomato sauce.  Second, it's not a crock pot soup, it's a one pot soup.  Well, crap.  Guess I would have to go back out again, why not go to the gym while I was at it?  An hour on the treadmill, 20 minutes of lifting (just arms), a stop at the local deli for tomato sauce, and I was ready to roll.  And just in case anyone is wondering... I do plan to add more lifting as time goes on, but I'm still working on getting my strength up right now.

What about the one pot soup?  Well, that's turned into an experiment.  I'm trying it in the crockpot instead, with a few minor tweaks to hopefully make it work.  Guess I'll know more in the morning...

1 comment:

  1. Just checked on the soup and it smells AMAZING! Time for bed...

    ReplyDelete