Monday, December 8, 2014

Cheat Night Justification..?

If you're truly trying to lose weight, is there justification for a cheat night?  I say yes.  Mainly because if I can't break and have one evil meal on occasion, well, a binge will probably happen.  Then again, maybe I'm just justifying my evening.

I rocked the treadmill today.  I've been tracking my distance and calorie burns during a 60 minute treadmill workout since last week.  My goal is to keep increasing both by adding interval training and increasing my jogging.  My distance went up a quarter mile today from my starting point on Friday!  And I was so psyched by how I did on Friday!  Plus, I burned almost 100 more calories today than last week.  What does that have to do with a cheat night?  I felt like I deserved it.  I had been under my calorie count for five days, so shouldn't I be able to have a bad day?  No, not really.  I get that now, but at the time, it seemed like a plausible excuse.  The better idea would have been to pick one evil food and pair it with some healthy foods.  Then I probably would have stayed under my calorie count, instead of blowing over it like I did today.  Fried pickles, mozzarella sticks and a crispy buffalo chicken salad.  All delicious and all regrettable.  

I've been able to get around cravings by reminding myself of my end goal, but tonight was for some reason just not a good one for me.  I definitely need to figure out a back up plan for future bad nights...

In other random news... I need to get the issues with my right foot/ankle figured out.  It kind of feels like my tibia and fibula are grinding into my foot.  As in, bone on bone.  I've been dealing with it for a while, but the more I walk/jog, the worse it seems to be getting.  Since I can't stand doctors, I will probably continue to try and ignore this problem even though I know it could make things a lot worse.  Then again, it could just be "Hey, you're a fatty and you need to lose some weight to give your bones and joints some relief."  Probably not the PC way a doctor would tell me, but pretty much what they would be saying.  Bonus to this whole situation is that I apparently hyper extended my little toe while on the treadmill last night.  I felt it when I did it, ignored it, kept going.  Because I ignored it, I forgot about it.  Until this morning that is.  When I got out of bed, I felt a sharp sting and pain under my little toe.  Being the size I am, it was a struggle to look under my little toe.  When I finally did, I discovered that not only did I hyper extend my little toe, I apparently did it so bad that it tore the skin.  I had to ask the school nurse (a friend) to help me patch it up because I couldn't see it well enough to do it myself.  She was impressed that I managed to hyper extend it enough to rip the skin.  Talent?  Yup.  Pain in the a**?  Definitely.  Guess it explains the blood I found in my sock last night.

Snow day tomorrow?  Kids were a bit too excited, so I doubt it.

Grades done.  Interesting TV show.  I'm out.

No comments:

Post a Comment